My love for activated charcoal continues, ladies. You can use it as a detox, because it draws bacteria, oil and toxins out of the body — read on for three easy, and fun beauty uses for activated charcoal.
Cure That Acne
A simple face (or body) mask with charcoal and clay can help absorb excess oil and clear out clogged pores. Make this DIY remedy to help with irritated skin, as well as wash away dead skin cells.
– Pour in some apple cider vinegar to make a paste
– Spread over the face with clean hands and let sit for roughly 15 minutes
– Rinse with cold water and apply your favorite moisturizer
Whiten those teeth
I know that the thought of putting black charcoal in our mouth doesn’t entice most people, but activated charcoal can chemically attract that coffee, tea and wine stains away from tooth enamel, according to researchers and dentists.
– Take some activated charcoal and pour it into a glass
– Add some water and make it a paste
– With your toothbrush or fingers dab the dough on your teeth
– Brush for no more than five minutes, then rinse
– Repeat daily
Did you know that charcoal is a well-known remedy for absorbing toxins in the stomach? When I wake up feeling bloated, I incorporate a couple of activated charcoal capsules to a morning smoothie, so that way I'm not worried about the taste.
– Take 1 cup milk, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/4 banana and a handful of spinach
– Add 1-2 activated charcoal capsules as needed
*Note* If you take prescribed medication, talk to your doctor to make sure the charcoal is safe to use and doesn’t interfere with anything
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.