Having a bad skin day can be a total bummer. Ever since I decided to dial back the use of concealer and foundation, I’ve shifted more toward skincare and making sure I have an even complexion and a natural glow.
My skin is definitely thanking me for it, and I’ve learned that masks can be an excellent way to give my skin that extra “boost” it needs to help fight any acne lingering beneath the surface.
As originally published on Elle, here are seven face masks that can help you beat the acne blues.
1. Boscia luminzing black charcoal mask – $34
- Photo: Boscia
- This mask is great for all skin types and is infused with minerals, antioxidants, Vitamin C and activated charcoal. Apply it on moist skin and peel it off to reveal a gorgeous glow and minimized pores to boot!
- This mask is best for normal, oily, and combination skin, and was specifically created to address blemishes, redness and more. The combination of mud, activated charcoal and six specific acids help to balance the skin’s natural oils, minimize pores and clear up any breakouts. What’s not to love?
3. Kate Sommerville Foam Mask For Acne – $54
- Photo: Kate Sommerville
- This mask by Kate Sommerville is “self-foaming,” and helps “clear blemishes, dissolves, impurities, and minimizes the appearance of pores.” According to the website, it features colloidal sulfur, and a foam activated technology that draws out impurities, honey extract, and other botanicals that calm and soothe the skin.
- Photo: La Roche-Posay
- This 2-in-1 face mask from the French skin-care powerhouse is best suited for oily skin. It is formulated with gentle clays that eliminate excess oil, remove impurities, and help control shine.
5. Vichy Double Glow Peeling Mask – $20
This mask is paraben free, oil free, and contains volcanic rocks and AHA fruit acids to help exfoliate the skin to “refine skin texture and reveal a fresh and luminous glow.”
6. African Black Soap Clarifying mud mask – $15.99
- Photo: Shea Moisture
- This mask is made with African black soap and shea butter, and was formulated to help “clarify, balance, and soothe blemish-prone skin,” leaving the skin feeling purified, and refreshed, according to the company website.
- Photo: Murad
- Made for normal, oily, to combination skin, this mask is formulated with lactic acid polishing beads to exfoliate dead skin. It features volcanic clay that draws out impurities deep within pores, as well as pomegranate extract to reveal glowing and luminous skin.
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.