I love curry and how the flavor can enhance almost any food. And it partners well with Ting, Jarritos and just about any other drink. These curry chicken burgers were an experiment that went well. It gave me the flavors that I love while satisfying the burger craving I had.
Here’s what you need:
Adjust the ingredients based on how much chicken you use.
- 1.5 lbs of ground chicken
- 2 tbsp of Curry powder (add more if you prefer to strengthen the flavor. I used the Blue Mountain Curry Powder)
- 1 diced medium sized onion
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes and peppers
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 – 1 cup bread crumbs (I've used flour before as a substitute and made the burgers without either one and it works well. Do what works for you)
- 2 tsp Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce
- Black pepper
Here’s what you need to do:
In a bowl, combine your ground chicken, curry powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Add in your tomatoes, onion and diced peppers and Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce.
After everything has been combined, divide the meat into sections and shape into patties. Lightly spray your grill and place patties on it until they cook thoroughly.
Let burgers cool off and place them on a bun, add your favorite toppings and condiments (I have a tomato chutney that paired well with this) and enjoy!