In the words of Wale, breaking up is hard, to move along is even harder. Let’s focus on the positive though. You’ve finally left that relationship that no longer serves you. It’s time to concentrate on serving yourself with tactics to help you heal after a breakup.
Congratulations on choosing you! This is the time to date yourself and focus on healing from the hurt you’ve experienced and build your discernment to avoid making the same mistake again.
During this time, don’t avoid your emotions with hot girl summer activities sis, sit with them. Feel them completely and let them pass. Allow yourself time to be alone and begin to learn to be comfortable with that. Being alone doesn’t have to be lonely, you just have to find ways to enjoy it, and dating yourself is the best way to start.
Healing after a breakup includes dating yourself. That should include self-care, self-discovery, and personal growth. It involves taking time to reconnect with yourself, your passions, and your goals, without the pressure or distraction of a romantic relationship.
How To Date Yourself
Here are some things that you can heal after a breakup while dating yourself:
- Practice self-care: Take care of your physical, emotional, and mental health. This can include things like exercising, getting enough sleep, eating well, meditating, and seeking therapy or counseling if needed.
- Rediscover your passions: Reconnect with the things you love to do, whether it’s a hobby, a sport, or a creative pursuit. This can help you rediscover your identity and boost your confidence.
- Set personal goals: Identify personal goals you want to achieve, such as learning a new skill, taking a trip, or starting a new project. This can help you stay motivated and focused on your growth.
- Spend time alone: Take some time to be alone and enjoy your own company. This can be as simple as reading a book, taking a walk, or going to a movie by yourself.
- Connect with friends and family: Spend time with the people you care about, whether it’s your family, friends, or community. This can help you feel supported and loved, and can also provide new opportunities for socializing and meeting new people.
Remember, dating yourself is not about avoiding relationships, but rather about prioritizing your growth and happiness. By taking care of yourself and investing in your own goals and passions, you’ll be in a better position to attract healthy and fulfilling relationships in the future.
This process is a great way to take care of yourself and focus on your happiness and growth. It involves spending time alone and doing activities that bring you joy and fulfillment.
Date Night Inspo
Need some ideas for your date nights with yourself? 21Ninety has got you covered.
You can keep this as simple or complex as you want. This could be anything from going to your favorite restaurant, visiting a museum, taking a hike, or even just curling up with a good book. Here are a few self-date favorites:
- Treat yourself: Hit the mall or your favorite retail store and buy yourself something you’ve been wanting. Whether it’s a new outfit, a piece of jewelry, or a spa day.
- Focus on self-improvement: Take up a new hobby or activity that you’ve always wanted to try! Enroll in a class or workshop, or start a new exercise routine.
- Practice self-care: Make time for relaxation and self-care, whether it’s taking a bubble bath, meditating, or getting a massage.
- Travel solo: Plan a trip or vacation for yourself and explore a new place on your terms.
Allow yourself the grace of dating yourself to focus on your happiness and well-being. Remember, you aren’t lonely! You are taking the time to learn more about yourself, pursue your passions, and rediscover your own identity. As you complete this process and begin to heal and love yourself the love you desire and deserve will find you!