The allure of fall is more than the kaleidoscope of russet and golden leaves or the anticipation of cozy evenings by the fireplace. The fall time stirs a sense of renewal and transformation in many. As the seasons shift, so does one’s personal style, including hairstyles, specifically getting bangs.
Bangs can be an extension of this seasonal charm. They offer a touch of mystery, elegance, and warmth, framing the face and drawing attention to the eyes. The promise of bangs is exciting and slightly daunting for women captivated by this fresh look. But fear not, for whether you’re dabbling with the idea of a soft fringe or a bold, straight-across cut, 21Ninety is here to help you select, nurture, and show off your bangs to their utmost potential.
Bangs are a Commitment
If you’re thinking about bangs for the fall, understand that stepping into the realm of hair bangs is no casual endeavor. At the heart of it, this hairstyle demands a level of dedication that goes beyond the occasional hair trims or color touch-ups. While adjusting hair length or dabbling with a new shade can be significant, bangs hold a unique position in the world of hair transformations.
Some factors that should be considered are your face shape, maintenance, growth time, and frizz. Your stylist can certainly help you choose the proper cut and with upkeep.
Bangs for Your Face Shape
Bangs play a pivotal role in shaping and framing your face. They can accentuate certain features while softening others. A straight-across fringe, for instance, can draw attention to your eyes, while side-swept bangs might highlight cheekbones.
- Round Face: Opt for side-swept or slightly longer bangs extending past your eyebrows. This creates an elongating effect.
- Oval Face: You’re in luck! Most bang styles, from blunt to side-swept, complement an oval face.
- Heart-shaped Face: Soft, side-swept bangs or wispy bangs that hit the brow line balance out a broader forehead.
- Square Face: Go for longer, feathery bangs that soften the angular features.
- Long Face: Thick, straight-across bangs can shorten the appearance of your face, adding a balanced look.
Your Bangs for the Fall Require Maintenance
Having bangs can feel like owning a stylish accessory that’s always with you. But like any prized possession, they require regular care and attention to keep them looking their best.
Therefore, women should consider some of the following:
- Wash Regularly: Bangs sit on your forehead and can easily become oily. Consider washing just your bangs if they get greasy between hair wash days.
- Invest in Dry Shampoo: A good dry shampoo is a bangs’ best friend. It freshens up your bangs, giving them volume and a fresh look.
- Condition Wisely: Too much conditioner can weigh down bangs, making them look flat. Use a light conditioner or even skip conditioning them at all.
- Regular Trims: Bangs grow, and they grow faster than you might think. Regular trims are essential to keep them at your desired length and shape. Whether you visit a professional or learn to trim them at home, staying on top of their length ensures they frame your face perfectly.
- Be Mindful of Heat: Excessive heat exposure can damage bangs, leading to dryness and breakage. Always use a heat protectant spray and opt for the lowest practical heat setting to maintain their health and sheen.