Ready to partake in some festive fun this holiday season? With Christmas less than a month away, it’s time to get in the holiday spirit. With our busy schedules and stressful commitments, it can be hard to actually stop and enjoy ourselves.
To help combat this, I thought I’d share a big list of festive activities that I love to do each year. They get me in the Christmas spirit, and I think they can help you get there too.
1. Adorn your house for the holidays if you haven’t done so already with a bunch of fun and festive decorations.
2. Cultivate a Christmas playlist and have it playing in the background whenever you’re at home
3. Try out some fun hot cocoa recipes — whipped cream, and marshmallows necessary
4. Choose to watch a different holiday movie every day leading up to Christmas. 25 days of Christmas on Freeform, always a solid choice
5. Bake a batch of fresh Christmas cookies
6. Turn on the holiday tunes, because nothing gets me in the holiday spirit faster than some Mariah Carey All I Want for Christmas is You, blaring in the car
7. Find a holiday show at your local church or theater
8. Host a Christmas party at your house. Spread the joy sis
9. Go caroling or stroll the neighborhood to see how everyone decorated their homes for the holiday season
10. Trek to your local mall to see all of the festive decorations and store windows. (You might as well throw in a little Christmas shopping while you are at it)
11. Have a family arts and crafts date where everyone makes an ornament or wreath for each other’s homes
12. Watch Christmas movies. Netflix or Hallmark Channel has a great selection to choose from
13. Take a stroll through the freshly fallen snow
14. Grab those blankets and cozy up by the fireplace with a warm drink and a good read
15. Make and send homemade Christmas cards to all of your friends and family
16. Go sledding, skiing or ice skating with some friends
17. Decorate. And then, of course, make (and eat) a gingerbread house from scratch
18. Chop down a live Christmas tree for your home
19. Pick an evening to wrap presents while enjoying eggnog
20. Make your own ugly Christmas sweater and throw an ugly Christmas sweater party
21. Celebrate a Christmas tradition that you haven’t done since you were little, like caroling or participating in family Secret Santa
22. Make a unique decoration for your tree, like popcorn garland or cinnamon ornaments
What are some ways you like to get in the Christmas spirit?
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.