Mmm, mmm. Who here lives for spinach and artichoke dip? I know I do! Our Creamy Artichoke Spinach Greek Yogurt Dip is a nutritious twist on the classic appetizer. Take this healthy dish to that holiday party next week and the crowd will thank you for it.
We used a Greek yogurt base for this spinach dip, rather than a heavier cream or mayo. Not only does adding Greek yogurt give this dish a beautiful flavor, it also has two important health properties. First, Greek yogurt is much lower in fat than all of the other creamy bases. And second, it’s chock full of protein, which is vital to help build strong cells for our entire body.
Okay, enough with the nutrition facts, let’s get to cooking! Start by preheating the oven to 400F. Then heat the olive oil on a pan and add in the garlic and jalapeño. Sauté this for 1 minute, then add the spinach and artichoke hearts. Continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes over medium heat and then allow to cool and add the sautéed ingredients to a strainer or colander. Press all of the water out using a large spoon. In a small ovenproof baking dish or bowl, add the strained ingredients, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese and mix it all together well with a spoon. Top with feta cheese and bread crumbs. Broil at 400F for 5-7 minutes, or until the top crust has a golden color. Once done, top with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Enjoy with tortilla chips or pita!
Anyone planning on bringing this Creamy Artichoke Spinach Greek Yogurt Dip to your holiday festivities? How about that ugly sweater party you have coming up next weekend? Best part is that no one will even know that you made this a healthier dish. Let us know if you try it out in the comments below!
CREAMY ARTICHOKE SPINACH GREEK YOGURT DIP
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned (in water) artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon bread crumbs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F
- 2. Start by heating the olive oil on a pan, and adding the garlic and jalapeño
- 3. Sauté for 1 minute, then add the spinach and artichoke hearts
- 4. Sauté for 1-2 minutes over medium heat
- 5. Allow to cool and add the sautéed ingredients to a strainer or colander.
- 6. Press all of the water out using a large spoon
- 7. In a small oven-proof baking dish or bowl, add the strained ingredients, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese
- 8. Mix together well with a spoon, and top with feta cheese and bread crumbs
- 9. Broil at 400F for 5-7 minutes, or until the top crust has a golden color
- 10. Once done, top with salt and black pepper, to taste
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or pita!
This post was originally published on Food Heaven Made Easy.