Just a slight warning: be prepared for a few flames and a lot of smoke to really perfect this blackened chicken technique. Personally, I like to prepare my blackened chicken on the grill outside where smoke is not an issue.
For this recipe, you’ll need three pieces of equipment to create that perfect blackened crust, including a source of intense heat, a cast iron cooking plate (or a cast iron skillet) and a very thick oven mitt. Be sure not to use a regular skillet because it may burn, or mess up the chicken.
Photo: Gloria Sen
Once the grill was fired, to accompany the chicken we threw on some corn. This is honestly a great way to heat up the kitchen when it’s cold outside, or to prepare an entire meal outside when it is just too warm. Source – https://www.allchickenrecipes.com/blackened-chicken-recipe/
Also, check some other chicken recipes – https://www.allchickenrecipes.com/hunan-chicken-recipe/
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
Here's what you need to do:
1. On high heat, preheat your grill and place the cast iron on the grill
2. Cut each chicken breast to about ½-inch thickness. The thinner they are the faster they will cook
3. In a microwave dish, melt your butter and add the spices
4. In the butter/spice mixture coat each chicken piece and place it directly into the hot cast iron pan
Don't use oil to coat the pan. If your cast iron is properly seasoned high heat and quick cooking should prevent sticking
5. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the outer mixture is charred on each side and the chicken is cooked through
6. Be careful handling the pan on the grill
Use hot pads or very thick oven mitts when handling the pan before moving it to another surface. Allow the pan to cool completely
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.