Nothing is better than coming home from a long day of work (or WFH), letting your hair down, and hopping in a nice, warm bubble bath. Not only is it one of the best ways to incorporate self-care into your busy week, but bubble baths have also been proven to soothe fatigued muscles, reduce stress, and improve blood circulation and heart health. You can opt for keeping it simple with your favorite bath fizz product, bath bomb or bath oil, or you can go all out and maximize your experience with CBD bath products, luxury candles, a glass of wine, or a good book.
In order to have the best experience, it’s important to remember a few rules of caution:
- Always prepare your bubble bath by adding your bubble fix to running water.
- Make sure the water is not scolding hot.
- Be sure to take a shower or cleanse your body before sitting in a bubble bath. Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Anthony Rossi explains, “Soaking in a tub can accumulate skin bacteria if present, and we don’t recommend sitting in stagnant (not clean) water if you have an open wound.”
- Because bubble bath products can throw off the pH of the vagina, causing an imbalance of bacteria or yeast, if you’re prone to UTIs or yeast infections be sure to only use products that are gentle, fragrance-free and dermatologist tested.
- Try adding fresh eucalyptus, as they release an invigorating scent and natural oils with the steam.
- Remember to soak for at least twenty minutes, and have your robe ready for when it’s time to get out.
Now, here are our favorite bubble bath products to pamper yourself with this winter.
1. Dr Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Foaming Bath
Dr Teal's is definitely a go-to brand for bubble bath products, and this Ultra Moisturizing Foam Bath is one of the best on the line to choose from. The avocado-oil infused formula is perfect for those with dry skin, and it exudes “aromatic notes of energizing citrus.”
2. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Foaming Shower Gel
The Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Foaming Shower Gel is perfect for adding an extra pinch of luxury into your bubble bath. It combines notes of orange and jasmine with may rose, and tops it off with patchouli and vetiver grass. Talk about invigorating.
Courtesy of Chanel
3. Philosophy Amazing Grace Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath
Amazing Grace is definitely a classic Philosophy scent. Both feminine and floral, it combines notes of bergamot with muguet blossom and its scent is sure to linger long after your bath. Did we mention this product can be used interchangeably as a shampoo or shower gel as well?
Courtesy of Sephora
4. The Honest Company Gently Nourishing Sweet Almond Bubble Bath
If you’re looking for a bubble bath that features clean ingredients, the Honest Company’s Gently Nourishing Sweet Almond Bubble Bath is definitely for you. Tear-free makes it suitable for the kids and it’s also formulated with natural nourishing oils.
5. Dermalogica Conditioning Body Wash
Made with eucalyptus, lavender and sandalwood essential oils, the Dermalogica Conditioning Body Wash promises to boost your skin’s radiance with Vitamin E that also hydrates and purifies skin without stripping it of its moisture.