Sometimes, people tend to run out of setting spray before getting their hands on a new bottle. Luckily, the option to make your own in the comfort of your own home is possible. Say goodbye to expensive setting sprays and hello to a simple solution that not only locks in your makeup, but also nourishes your skin.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Your Setting Spray
- Distilled water: The foundation of your spray
- Aloe vera gel: A hydrating and soothing property
- Glycerin: A powerful humectant that helps lock in moisture.
- Essential oils: Choose your favorite for a personalized fragrance and added skincare benefits.
- A small spray bottle: To house your magical concoction.
The DIY Recipe
- Start with a clean, empty bottle. It’s important to ensure that your setting spray is free from any residue that could compromise its effectiveness.
- Add distilled water to the bottle, filling it about three-quarters full. This serves as the base of your mix. It provides a hydrating foundation for your skin.
- Incorporate aloe vera gel into the mix. Aloe vera is not only a fantastic hydrator, but also a calming property, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin. Aim for 10 percent to 15 percent of the total mixture.
- Introduce glycerin to the mixture. This ingredient helps your skin retain moisture, contributing to the dewy finish we all crave. Add around 5 percent to 10 percent glycerin, depending on your skin type.
- Personalize your spray with a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Whether it’s lavender, citrus or chamomile, the choice is yours. Essential oils not only add a delightful fragrance, but also bring additional skincare benefits to the table.
- Secure the spray bottle’s cap and shake the mixture. This ensures all ingredients are well combined, creating a blend ready to set your makeup and nourish your skin.
Setting Spray Application
Using your DIY setting spray is as easy as it gets. Hold the bottle about 12 inches away from your face and mist evenly after completing your makeup routine. Allow it to air dry or gently pat your face with a clean makeup sponge.
Benefits of the DIY Setting Spray
The ingredients for this DIY setting spray aren’t expensive and readily available, making it a budget-friendly alternative to commercial options.
Tailor the spray to your skin’s unique needs by adjusting the proportions of aloe vera, glycerin and essential oils.
Say goodbye to harsh chemicals. This DIY mix is a gentle, skin-loving alternative.
Elevate your beauty routine with this ultimate DIY setting spray hack that combines simplicity, effectiveness and a touch of personalization. Embrace the radiant glow that comes from nourishing your skin while ensuring your makeup stays put throughout the day.