Pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce and apple cider. We're all familiar with these holiday staples. But did you know they also serve as inspiration for a super beneficial face mask? In this season of gratitude, what better way to celebrate Friendsgiving than gathering with your crew for a day of DIY pampering that's good enough to eat?
Pumpkins are rich in both vitamins A and C and full of fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). AHAs increase cell turnover, brightening and smoothing the skin. Pure cranberry juice is also packed with the antioxidant vitamin C, helping to fight free radicals that can cause inflammation in the body. Last but not least, apple cider vinegar (ACV) is frequently used in natural beauty recipes as an astringent. Like pumpkins, it contains AHAs, gently removing dead skin and treating hyperpigmentation for a glowy complexion. ACV also restores the skin to the proper pH level and the beta-Carotene helps to prevent future damage to the skin.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure cranberry juice (make sure it's pure cranberry juice without any sweeteners or additives)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1. Combine all ingredients.
- 2. Apply to face.
- 3. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- 4. Rinse and continue with your regular skincare routine.