I say this often because it’s true: How you start your day is a huge indicator of how the rest of it will play out. That’s why it’s important to reflect, reboot and revitalize your mood by instilling some daily mantras into your life.
So what exactly is that? Something as simple as daily mantras can shift your mindset to a more happier, healthier one. Mantras are words or sounds repeated to help build concentration and focus, typically in conjunction with a meditation practice.
If you wake up and you're feeling like you need some positive vibes your way, first try to wake up slowly and start the day on your own terms. I like to begin by meditating on some uplifting mantras, while I'm doing some light stretching.
Take a look at the list below and become inspired and uplifted today, sis:
• Today, I will breathe deeply
• I can release things that are out of my control
• I will focus on how you want to feel in the moment and spread that into my day
• “How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives.” – Annie Dillard
• It is okay to fear judgment, criticism, and rejection, as long as I can put myself out there
• I can't please everyone, and I am ok with that
• I will be grateful for this day
• Today, I exist to spread positivity and happiness
• I’m thankful for the person I am and the life that I have
• I will let go of past judgments and anger
• I am unique and I will be uniquely successful
• I will achieve great things, though small, attainable goals
• My heart and my mind are open to new opportunities
• I am kind, fierce, brave and loving
• If I believe in myself, I can be anyone that I want to be
• I permit myself to go after what I want
• Today is a new day, full of endless possibilities, so I leave the past in the past
• Progress is more important than perfection
• There’s always something good in each day
• I release all of the negativity in me and open myself up to happiness and opportunity
• I will not keep toxic people or toxic energy in my life
• I have everything I need
What are some of your favorite mantras to start your day?
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.