It feels like a while since I’ve made bath bombs. But lately, the cold winter rush has put me in the mood for a long, hot soak. With the winter comes bath season, and when I spotted some cute glitter bath bombs as I was shopping online the other day, I couldn’t wait to get home and whip up my batch because who doesn’t love to sparkle, even in the tub?
Though I don’t do it nearly as much as I should, nothing is more relaxing than pouring a glass of wine, lighting your favorite incense and taking a dip in the tub. And, it wouldn’t be complete without a fun and glittery bath bomb. They add a nice touch of sparkle to your bath water along with a relaxing aroma. It’s the perfect way to relax and make your bath a little less boring, am I right? Did you know that making your bath bombs at home is so much easier than buying pre-packaged ones at the store? They only require a few pantry items, and since they’re super versatile, you can choose any combination of ingredients you have laying around.
Here is how to make your own now, courtesy of Pinterest.
– 3 Tbsp Flour
– 1/2 cup baking soda
– 3 Tbsp Sea Salt
– 2 tsp Olive oil
– 2 tsp Essential oil (optional)
– 4 drops Food coloring (of your choice)
– A few tablespoons of Glitter (Gold or Silver)
1. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then mix in one big bowl.
*Note* If you want to create pretty shaped bath bombs, you can utilize a non-stick baking sheet or ice cube tray. When putting the mixture into the mold, you want to pack it as tightly as possible. This will ensure your creating doesn't crack.
2. Press the mixture into the mold using your fingers.
3. Once you’ve finished pressing the mix into its desired shape, eave it out to dry for the rest of the day or pop yours in the freezer or fridge.
*Note* You need to make sure that they are scorched before you use them. Otherwise, they won’t fizz and spread properly.
4. Fill up that bathtub, grab a bottle of wine and relax in a bath full of glitter, sis!
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.