After a long week of stressful work obligations and mandatory social hangouts, last night I rolled up to me and my roommate’s apartment and immediately hit the self-care button.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I love some good social interaction as much as the next person, but the second my duties are over, I breathe a massive sigh of relief and break out the bath oils, specifically chamomile and lavender blends.
As many people know, stress can be tough on skin. Blend that in with poor sleeping habits, and one too many glasses of wine and my skin reaps the consequences. We’re talking itchy and flaky, sis. I always keep a bottle of this oil on hand for special times like these in my life. It smells, amazing; it’s soothing, what more could you want really?
A bonus, it leaves skin insanely hydrated. Generously pour a bottle of this stuff in your tub, hop in and then reap all the excellent benefits. The oil is not too heavy, as it lightly coats the skin and sinks in as you soak, leaving you with super rejuvenated skin.
Make your DIY recipe now, courtesy of Pinterest.
Chamomile Bath Oil Ingredients
– 3/4 cup almond oil
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (room temperature)
– 10-20 drops of Essential oils ( your choice)
– 1 cup dried chamomile flowers or roughly 20 drops of chamomile essential oil
– Glass mason jar (for the chamomile oil)
– 8-ounce glass bottle with lid (for storage)
1. First, we need to soak the chamomile oil. To save time, combine your chamomile and almond oil in a small saucepan. Heat on low for up to 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let the chamomile infuse for an hour. Strain out the chamomile.
2. Using a funnel, spout the almond oil into a glass jar. Add in coconut oil and essential oils (If you want to add in some lemon or lavender oil, now is the time to do it). Feel free to add any other dried herbs if you like.
3. Screw the lid tight and shake well to combine
4. While filling up the tub, splash roughly 1 – 2 tablespoons under the running faucet. Allow the oils to disperse fully before climbing in. Soak for no more than 30 minutes and then towel off.
Ready. Set. Boss. Our daily email is pouring out inspiration with the latest #BlackGirlBossUp moments, tips on hair, beauty and lifestyle to get you on track to a better you! Sign up today.