If you're reading this, it's too late. Just joking, if you're reading this you've survived #ChristmasWithBlackFamilies, congrats! Successfully dodging questions about your questionable relationship status, shade from well-intentioned cousins, and your uncle's "new business pitch" is no easy feat. Hopefully, you rewarded yourself with a "to go" plate in celebration of your valiant efforts. By now you might be over eating the same thing every day so remix your Christmas dinner leftovers by turning them into quesadillas!
What you need:
- 1 cup chopped leftover Christmas ham
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 black beans, cooked and drained
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper
- a dash of cumin, black pepper and chili powder
- Tortilla wraps
What to do
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of the cheese and tortilla in the bowl, season well.
- In a skillet "quick fry" your filling until the brown sugar begins to slowly caramelize.
- Assemble your quesadilla (Tortilla, cheese, filling, cheese, tortilla) magic!
*Note* I love to use my waffle maker for everything, including making quesadillas, but you can easily "grill" it like you would if you were making a grilled cheese sandwich on the stovetop.